You can flash your computer BIOS to update your operating system’s efficiency. Basic Input Output System (BIOS) serves as a bridge between your Operating System and Hardware.
Without updating your BIOS, your operating system may be unable to upgrade hardware or recognize hardware.
It is necessary to aid the boot process of your operating system if you upgraded your operating system.
How to flash computer BIOS
- Reboot your windows and enter the BIOS key during the process, the key varies depending on the manufacturer of your computer, one of the following will work; ‘Esc’, ‘Del’, ‘F8’, or ‘F2’.
- Write down motherboard manufacturer and BIOS version number (if you built your own computer or your motherboard)
- Exit BIOS and the key to press either to right or button of the screen will appear on the screen.
- Visit the website of your motherboard manufacturer and select your BIOS update
- Visit the help or support in the website and enter your computer model
- Click on download or the drivers section and choose BIOS
- Select your motherboard manufacturer in the list provided
- Download the BIOS update and read the instruction provided very well to help you on installation
- If you are using a flash drive, copy the downloaded file to your flash drive
- Run the BIOS update, if you are using flash drive, reboot your computer with the flash inserted
- Press F12 to show boot options>>> select USB or Removable media
- Double click the file to start update if desktop executable files
You did not need to update your BIOS if you have the latest version of the BIOS.
All you need to do is to check for BIOS updates once every two years and always check for new update after changing operating software or hardware upgrade.
If your computer is 2000 or earlier you need a floppy disc to update BIOS and follow the instruction above.